Last week, we had one last shower for Mr. Benjamin up at the Oklahooma State Dept. of Education, hosted by the two spectacular ladies I worked with the most during the 2 1/2 years I worked there - Daphne and Linda. They are Supt. Garrett's Executive Assistants.
I worked at the SDE as Supt. Garrett's Special Assistant for 2 1/2 years. Before Greg and I met, my job and my co-workers there, besides my own family, were the most consistent thing in my life. Daphne and Linda heard all my latest stories, news, gripes, whines, thoughts, concerns, my most recently recorded songs, etc. And all the sob stories of a single gal in her 30's. Daphne's actually the person who encouraged me to try eharmony - and look where that got me - married and 4 months later, pregnant. Pretty good advice I'd say.
When I left to take the job at OCU, which in hindsight, was a waste of my time and nothing panned out there as hoped, I told Daphne and Linda that they had been more than co-workers, but were more like second and third moms to me. They helped me learn the ropes to my job there and there's no way I would've survived without them. We worked under some pretty stressful situations and they made the stress and sometimes the monotony of work and life more fun and meaningful. Their wisdom and life experience taught me a lot and I am forever grateful.
Thanks for hosting his shower, Daphne and Linda, and for all who attended at the SDE. We thank you for your continued friendship and love you!
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment